A hands-on risk management playbook for nonprofit leaders, funders, and advisors
In Manage Your Nonprofit for Resilience: Use Lean Risk Management to Improve Performance, Increase Engagement, and Reduce Your Stress, experienced nonprofit risk management expert Ted Bilich delivers a comprehensive and engaging exploration of how to keep your nonprofit vibrant, proactive, and out of trouble.
In the book, you’ll learn how the world’s best charitable organizations employ lean risk management to prioritize, mitigate, and eliminate the most significant risks facing nonprofits today.
Ted teaches you how to develop a risk management cycle and work with risks at the board level, implementing lean risk management tactics incrementally. You’ll also discover:
- Discussions of fundamental risk management elements
- Sample compliance checklists, example questions to ask during risk inventories, and common challenges faced by nonprofits in a wide variety of sectors
- Strategies for confronting nascent risk and issues with radical candor and taking reasonable steps to address them before they spiral out of control
An engaging and essential resource for the managers and directors of nonprofits of all sizes, Manage Your Nonprofit for Resilience belongs on the bookshelves of anyone tasked with shepherding a charitable organization through an increasingly challenging and volatile environment.
Order your copy at any of the following locations:
Nonprofits face a lot of challenges.
As the video on this page makes clear, nonprofit risk management is not just a best practice. It’s a necessity.
We’re here to help. Using risk management and other process improvement tools, Risk Alternatives supports nonprofits as they increase sustainability, identify risks, improve resilience, and gain clarity, peace of mind, and value.
- Looking for nonprofit risk management solutions? Find what you need here.
- Looking for an online support group that will support you every step of the way? We’ve got you covered.
- Looking for free downloads to learn about the risk management process and how it can help your nonprofit? Right here.
- Looking for nonprofit risk management podcasts? They’re here.
- Looking for helpful risk management blog posts? We’ve got those.
- Are you a funder who is worried about nonprofit resilience and sustainability? We have resources for you, too.
- Want to see some of the other organizations we’ve worked with? Check them out: you would be in very good company.
You have come to right place. At Risk Alternatives, we have more than 30 years of collective risk management research, training, and counseling, and more than 25 years of service on not-for-profit boards, associational committees, and government commissions. Foundations pay us to provide risk management training to the nonprofit organizations they fund, and we base our trainings on hard data and proven methodologies. We have a dramatically lower cost structure than other providers, and we pass that on to the nonprofit leaders we serve.
We are so confident that you will get the value you pay for that we offer nonprofits a full guarantee.
But let’s be clear. For us, the focus is on you. We want to see you thrive.
So, are you looking to change the world? We are right there with you – every step of the way.
What Our Clients Say
“I want to thank you for all your help these past nine months and for helping me to discover a new passion! I just wanted to share that what you’ve shared has been applied to [our nonprofit] but goes beyond! . . . I received positive feedback on [Risk Alternatives’ board training webinar] and found an ally who I believe can become a champion for the board and bridge the gap between them and us as staff.”
“[Risk Alternatives] identified numerous areas where [our nonprofit] could reduce risk, achieve efficiencies, make its operations more professional, and establish a foundation for continued growth and stability. . . . We got more than our money’s worth.”
Get Notified When We Post New Free Nonprofit Risk Management Materials!